It's been a long time since I last updated this blog. Sorry for the slacker attitude, or forgetfulness. I'll try to keep up more often.
We've been trying to keep up with our family's growth and progress by living vicariously through their blogs and phone calls since most of the family live far away. Their blogs are great. I must say that we are proud of our family members accomplishments. The grandchildren are really awesome and talented. They are living a full life, with the help and guidance of their parents.
Our children are such a blessing and joy to us. Their lives seem so full and productive, just makes us proud and feel good, only one thing, wished they lived closer. Let me share just a couple of tidbits:
- Our children, five of them, are trying to be the best parents they can be. They and their spouses take seriously the business of being parents. We are so thankful for their dedication.
- In their own way, we see each family making a positive contribution to society by their participation in the community, by example, support, and just being good citizens. We applaud their efforts.
- Our children have given us such great grandchildren. Each grandchild is such a special little spirit with gifts and talents that make them so precious in their family. They are so intelligent and are being nurtured by their parents so well. We praise the patience and gentleness of their parents.
- In their own lives, our children have excelled knowing that there is so much more to life to learn, enjoy, and live. They have not even come close to meeting their full potential and that makes their lives so exciting. With support and encouragement of their wonderful spouses, our children are actively participating in such things as neighborhood co-ops, developing a small production business of such things as beaded socks for little girls, leading a special interest group in archiving or scrapbook making, promoting healthier living though leading a weekly aerobics class, starting ones own photography business specializing in portraits and weddings, home schooling, and food storage through home canning and much more. We marvel at their capacity to help their spouses meet the needs of the family, and making the family the top priority.
- Their spouses are so patient, supportive, kind, talented, and above all awesome.
- They have made Heavenly Father a vital part of their lives through following his commandments and teaching their children to walk uprightly before God. They and their spouses fulfill callings in their home wards and are active in their attendance. Our grandchildren are learning from the examples of their parents. We are grateful for all their examples.
You and they are wondering who I've been writing about to are doing all these good and great things. Well, they don't have to be shy or embarrassed. Just keep on being the wonderful people they each are. We are so happy to be part of yours and our family.
I have so much to catch up on and pictures to post. Later . . . .