Amid all other influences

Amid all other influences
"reaching for the light"

Saturday, February 24, 2007


We Only Just Begun!

Today, we celebrated our 34th Wedding Anniversary. I don't know how all that time has gone by but in a reflective mood, I can only say that, "It's been all good." Of course, we were young and in love, and we made a choice to start our lives together. So, I would like to share some of the very important memories we've been blessed with.

Here is our official wedding photo. From the left is Jo, Sterling, and Diane. In the back row is CB, Bill, Henry, and "I don't remember." I guess, that is a casualty of age.

Of course, in a Protestant wedding ceremony performed by a Catholic Chaplin, we were legally married on February 24th, on the island of Crete, Greece.







Some important facts here. Jo made her own wedding gown and my suit was tailored by a Greek. Some of the refreshments at our reception was sent from Hawaii by Grandma.

As you can see, there's really no change in the way we look today. Sure, this was 34 years ago but we still look the same.


As then and today, our hands look the same, one darker than the other. Maybe that's why are children are so pretty. We've never been ashamed of who we are. Who cares? You kids turned out just right.













Of course, I had more hair then, especially above my upper lip. Maybe I should try that again. Jo looks the same too.








We wanted to share this important day with all our children and their families. You too, are as important to us as this day 34 years ago. Thanks for the phone calls, well wishes from all of you and the flowers. This made our anniversary a little more special. We love you all.



















3 comments:

i'm erin. said...

Wow mom, you sure were foxy! I can see where I get all my dashingly good looks. I am glad that dad got rid of the mustashe because he looked like a terrorist. I am glad that you got married 34 years ago. I love you. luv erin

All Andersens said...

Congrat's. How beautiful!!! 34 wonderful years. You guys looked soooo very happy together. I am inspired!! Love, Crystal

Leslie said...

Those are such cute photos! Happy anniversary! (even if I got the year amount wrong, hee hee)